This role will offer the chance to develop world class commodities expertise and exposure to and experience of working with the commercial buying teams at Tesco. You will develop analytical and communications skills whilst learning about the fundamental drivers of global commodity pricing and their part in manufacturing of FMCG goods.The Commodity Price Risk Management team at Tesco is at the leading edge of commodity risk within the retail sector. As a Commodity Analyst you will play an integral role in this team. The role provides a fantastic opportunity to grow in a fast-paced environment and help to reshape the way we work with suppliers, manage risk and drive efficiencies across the business.
- Ensure timely execution of strategies,
- Take ownership of accurate position reporting, detailing exposures and abiding by governance policies & framework.
- You will also have the opportunity to support key supplier negotiations through insights.
- Research and build detailed commodity supply and demand models,
- Contribute to the design of hedging and risk mitigation strategies,
- This role is an excellent opportunity for someone with professional experience in a commercial environment or an analytical or financial background.
- The candidate should have a Bachelor’s degree in Economics, Maths, Finance, Engineering or equivalent.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Welwyn Garden City, Hertfordshire, United Kingdom
Application Deadline: N/A