Website Social Security Administration
Once selected for the Claims Specialist position in SSA, you will contribute to the Agency’s mission through direct and personal services to the public. This includes speaking beneficiaries about their rights under the Social Security laws, gathering facts and evidence to establish eligibility for benefits, making critical decisions to determine the amount of benefits paid to individuals, and using state-of-the-art computer technology to access and update information about claims,
- Claims Specialist conduct interviews with the public to obtain, clarify, and verify information about initial and continuing eligibility for retirement, survivors, disability, health insurance benefits, and eligibility for supplemental security income including State supplements.
- In addition, they resolve discrepancies, clarify issues and make final decisions for initial and post-entitlement for benefits and payments; adjudicate and authorize entitlement or disallowance actions at all levels of difficulty and complexity under programs administered by SSA; and use state-of-the-art technology to access and update claims information.
- Security and /Background Investigation required
- U.S. Citizenship required
- Proof of ICTAP eligibility required
- Must pass Meet-and-Deal panel interview
- Fingerprint Clearance is required
- Relocation expenses will not be paid
- Selective Service Registration, if applicable (www.sss.gov)
Company: Social Security Administration
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Roseville, MI, US
Application Deadline: N/A