The role will be responsible for assisting the financial accounting and fixed asset management team in analysing the fixed asset register and identifying gaps in the existing policies and procedures. Enhance and document the process for audit purpose; give technical advice on the processes, policies, standards, systems and measurements that will help the organisation to effectively manage its IT asset portfolio (software and technology-related hardware) with regards to cost, control, risk, compliance, business performance objectives, and IT Governance as established by the organisation.
- Establish and manage the IT asset register,
- Plan, monitor, and record software license and/or hardware assets to ensure compliance with vendor contracts.
- Manage asset reconciliation and asset disposal agreements.
- Tracks the financial attributes about the assets to understand total cost of ownership, return on investment and assign costs to projects and IT business services.
- Establish and maintain hardware and software maintenance database.
- Ensure GRAP/IFRS Compliant fixed assets register.
- Coordinate with management in utilising the asset management tools to analyse, review and track asset data.
- Administer SITA Corporate Insurance.
- Supervise the disposal of Fixed Asset.
- Manage the lifecycle of hardware and software models right from their introduction to their retirement.
- 3 years’ experience in GRAP or IFRS, including SAICA articles. Process documenting and advanced excel skills. Accounting for fixed Assets including impairment assessment thereof. Treatment of Internally Generated Assets (CIP). At least 1-year experience in accounting for fixed assets. Experience in IT related assets and intangible assets is an added advantage.
- B.com Accounting degree and honours in Accounting or CTA with completed SAICA articles. CA qualification is considered an added advantage.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Erasmuskloof
Application Deadline: N/A