Website Pilanesberg Platinum Mines - PPMSA
The purpose of Strategic Mine Planner – Open Cast/Pit and Underground is to:
• Continuously optimize designs and extraction methodologies based on lasts available technology benchmarked.
• To construct mine excavation layouts for short-, medium- and long-term planning and control purposes
in compliance with statutory and company requirements.
• This role will focus on one integrated mining strategy for Platmin SA – all-inclusive underground and
• Design, programme and schedule the exploitation of the mineral body in order to convert the mineral resource into mineral reserves for the safe, healthy and profitable extraction of the minerals in line with organisational strategies.
- Perform duties of technical assurance.
- Compile LOM technical budgets.
- Mining trade-off studies.
- Portray true reflection of mining operations and geological features on the plans.
- Compile the project input to the strategic business plans.
- Mine design – Underground and Open Cast/Pit.
- Monitor modifying factors through technical analysis.
- Pre-feasibility and feasibility studies.
- Scheduling of developed mine designs.
- Highlight deviations to the plan and identify opportunities to catch up or exceed the plan.
- Reconciliation of the mine’s plans
- Proficient and confident with Technical Software Applications of CAE Studio OP, Studio NPVS, Studio 5D Planner, EPS, A-Mine software, Talpac, MineSight, COMET and Whittle or equivalent, Xpac or Deswik and CAD.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office applications including MS Project & Power Point.
- Good proficiency in English and cross-cultural communication skills.
- Strong capability in mine design and production scheduling
- Established track record of Technical Mine Planning.
- At least 10 years’ experience in a Mining and planning environment – Underground and Open Cast/Pit.
Company: Pilanesberg Platinum Mines – PPMSA
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: South Africa
Application Deadline: N/A