In support of the Store General Manager, you recruit, coordinate, motivate and lead a team in one of Patagonia’s retail stores. You operate a well-tuned machine, plan and schedule to meet financial targets and maintain your store as a hub for environmental activism, sport and positive vibes.
- You foster a seamless customer experience by making every effort to find merchandise across Patagonia’s sales channels if an item is not in stock in your store.
- You instill in your employees the importance of customer service and that the retail experience is where the brand comes to life.
- You train and empower Team Leaders to make decisions and coach staff based on Patagonia’s values, use their best judgment and act generously in all customer service matters.
- You engage, elevate and partner with grassroots nonprofit organizations through retail grants and other partnerships, including events, product donations and activism activities.
- By hosting events, using social media and marketing tools, and elevating campaigns, you connect your community to important environmental and social issues.
- You spend significant time on the sales floor and lead by example.
- You encourage staff conversation, innovation and education about environmental issues.
- You operate an environmentally responsible business by recycling, conserving energy and using alternative modes of transportation.
- Comfortable climbing ladders.
- Experience managing a team of people and a passion for growing and developing employees.
- Able to regularly perform store maintenance: sweep, vacuum, empty trash, clean.
- Interest and aptitude for strategic business planning that responds to a specific community.
- Continually able to walk up and down a staircase carrying boxes, products and other necessary items.
- Able to stand/walk for extended periods of time.
- Able to safely lift boxes up to 55 pounds.
- Ability to make sound judgment calls in the absence of the General Manager.
- Continually able to reach overhead, bend, squat, kneel and carry products necessary for customer service, inventory stocking and store merchandising.
- Flexible amidst competing priorities and adaptable to the fast-paced environment of a retail store while rallying the team with positivity.
- Demonstrates highly developed emotional intelligence.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Freeport, ME, US
Application Deadline: N/A