Website Pacific Gas and Electric Company
The Safety Specialist works to detect, prevent and mitigate safety risks and collaborates with and supports lines of business on safety issues. Monitors and responds to communications to ensure that safety incidents and support requests are handled in an effective, timely and complete manner.
- Identifies new sources of supply for Safety equipment and monitoring services.
- May update and manage records and databases.
- May interact with local Fire Departments and other regulatory agencies.
- May assist during emergency activations including Base Camps to ensure that everyone and everything is always safe.
- Ensure that all inquiries received in the @asksafety mailbox are answered within one working day..
- Assists in identifying training needs and ensuring that existing training meets regulatory requirements.
- Composes and delivers informational presentations to groups of employees at all levels.
- Ensure that all Option 1 calls are answered in a timely manner and all required notifications are performed as required.
- Consults with all Lines of Business on Safety regulatory questions.
- May perform other safety related duties and projects
- Coaches local LOB teams and leaders on Safety processes.
- Analyzes processes and procedures to identify improvement opportunities and implement changes.
- Experience interacting with governmental and regulatory agencies.
- Professional Certification/Safety Management e.g., CHST, OHST, ASP, Certified Industrial
- Hygienist, Certified Safety Professional (CSP), Certified Hazardous Materials Management.
- 5 or more years of safety experience in an office, construction or utility environment.
- Experience in law enforcement, health care or EMS.
- Successful candidate will be required to earn a professional safety certification within one year from date of hire.
- Job-related experience, 3 years
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- High School or GED-General Educational Development-GED Diploma
- Emergency Medical Technician (EMT) or Paramedic experience.
Company: Pacific Gas and Electric Company
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Sacramento, CA, US
Application Deadline: N/A