This job description outlines primary duties and requirements and is not intended to identify all tasks that may be performed; individuals occupying the position may be required to perform other duties. The company may modify job duties from time to time, either in practice or in writing.
- Collaborate with Artists, Designers, and Engineers to bring characters to life.
- Work within guidelines provided by other departments to ensure quality, playability, and performance.
- Produce optimized Low-Poly models, UVs, textures, LODs and materials for in-engine.
- Explore and develop characters based on concept and/or design specifications.
- Work with the Art Director and Character Lead to maintain the directed visual style and a consistent quality.
- Provide feedback and/or paint-overs to fellow artists, and as part of outsourcing feedback.
- Model and texture High-Poly source content.
- Self-motivated, but with a willingness to accept feedback and direction.
- Ability to create a low-poly model within poly budget and efficiently unwrap the UVs for texturing.
- Ability to translate 2D Concepts / Reference into 3D Models.
A solid understanding of texturing, material creation, and PBR workflows.
- Experience in both Hard Surface and Organic modeling.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Shipped multiple AAA titles.
- 5+ years of industry experience.
- Team player with a strong work ethic and a collaborative attitude.
- Proficient in modern modeling and art packages such as; Maya, Max, Blender, Modo, ZBrush, Marmoset, Substance Painter/Designer and Photoshop.
- Good time management skills and efficient development processes.
- A solid understand of anatomy, proportion, form, silhouette, and color.
- Strong portfolio showcasing high-poly sculpts, in-game characters, examples of optimized low-poly models, UVs, and textures.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Austin, TX, US
Application Deadline: N/A