Website National Trust
An excellent people person you will build and strengthen relationships both internally and externally in order to deliver our future ambitions for sustainable land management, to deliver for ambitious climate resilience and to retain the rich cultural landscape shaped by upland farming.
- You’ll be part of the portfolios leadership team working strategically to ensure the direction of the portfolio for the future is set out but also to ensure that operationally we are delivering to our business plan.
- You’ll set the direction for delivering sustainable land management for climate resilience and great conservation together with showing leadership with your team in delivering outstanding relationships with internal and external staff, partners, communities and our Tenants.
- As a broader leader in the Lake District you will be expected to engage with and contribute to the overall management of the National Trust in the Lake District alongside the One Lakes Leadership team.
- You’ll be leading a large countryside team across 33,000 hectares of North and West Lakes, the valleys including Borrowdale, Buttermere, Ennerdale, Whitehaven coast, Wasdale, Eskdale and the Duddon.
- You’ll look for innovative and creative, and yet collaborative, solutions to make things happen, while inspiring everyone around you.
- A track record of handling sometimes complex and controversial issues.
- Ambitious and driven, you’re someone who will enhance and promote the conservation objectives of the Trust whilst, putting people and relationships at the front of everything you do.
- A self-starter with presence and authority, you’ll have an understanding of nature conservation, public access, cultural heritage and preferably a farming, woodland understanding.
Company: National Trust
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Keswick, England, United Kingdom
Application Deadline: N/A