The Developer Platform’s vision is to be the industry leader for how developers build high-quality software productively at scale. Our mission is to Enable Uber developers to build high-quality software consistently and without frustration.
- Demonstrate tech expertise to go very deep or broad in solving classes of problems or creating broadly leverage-able solutions.
- Be a role model on acting with good judgment and responsibility, helping teams to commit and move forward
- Collaborate across teams to deliver a result, from hardworking team members within your group, through smart technologists across lines of business, to responsible leaders across Uber.
- Execute large scale projects – Provide technical leadership in architecting and building mission-critical distributed infrastructure.
- Be a humble mentor and trusted advisor for both our talented team members and passionate leaders alike. Deal with differences in opinion in a mature and fair way.
- Take ownership of a vaguely defined business or technological problem, see the big picture, and identify strategically important problems, inefficiencies, or opportunities for significantly large improvements.
- Raise the bar on architecture and engineering by improving standard methodologies, producing best-in-class efficient solution, code, documentation, testing, and monitoring.
- Proficient in one of the following programming languages on backend: Java, Go, Python, C++ ( Our primary language is Java )
- Detailed problem-solving and knowledge of algorithms, data structures, and complexity analysis. BS or MS in Computer Science or a related technical field, or equivalent experience
- Providing technical leadership to a group of engineers
- 15+ years of experience with software engineering. Sound understanding of computer architecture and CS fundamentals.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
Application Deadline: N/A