Website Two Sigma
Our team of scientists, technologists, and academics looks beyond the traditional to develop creative solutions to some of the world’s most complex economic problems.Two Sigma’s goal is to provide its legal interns with work that is representative of the work that would be done by a junior attorney in an investment firm (or similar environment) or in the investment management practice group of a major law firm. You will have the chance to participate in department and team meetings and certain out-of-office activities (e.g., relevant industry/legal seminars). Two Sigma’s legal internship provides an outstanding opportunity for you to learn and contribute to its legal team.
- Participating in new business projects and initiatives, such as the launch of new financial/investment products and legal and corporate entities; updating, monitoring and revising the firm’s offering materials and regulatory filings;
- Assisting with special research projects;
- Maintaining research/regulatory libraries of the firm;
- Assisting with ongoing regulatory compliance matters;
- Strong oral and written communication skills, organizational skills and attention to detail are all essential.
- Success in Contracts and Legal Writing courses is a plus.
- Familiarity with private funds and/or investment advisers is a plus.
- Keeping abreast and informing others of industry changes, relevant news articles and legal/regulatory updates; and
- Reviewing and maintaining the firm’s various contracts and other service provider agreements.
- Ideal candidates will be currently enrolled in your school’s Class of 2023 with a record of exceptional academic achievement and active involvement in law school activities (e.g., law review, other journal experience, moot court).
- Candidates should be bright, well-rounded self-starters with an entrepreneurial and hard-working spirit who naturally want to take the extra step.
Company: Two Sigma
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: New York, NY, US
Application Deadline: N/A