Contact for assigned customer(s) and category(ies) in order to drive category growth and achieve annual sales and commercial spend targets. This role is deeply involved in the activation of Category Roadmaps and uses them in the development and activation of customer-specific Category Business Plans (with a category first approach) to achieve the 4P objectives. Build and maintain strong connection to the Commercial Development Organization (CD) to partner to bring category and shopper insights to drive category results.
- Develop customer promotion plans
- Drive one’s own development through the adoption of capability tools
- Present and launch New Item Plan and develop initial field forecast
- Work with Commercial Development Organization on development of customer-specific category plans anchored in the category growth drivers (category 1st mindset)
- Identify gaps between customer plan and customer feedback and propose resolutions to gaps
- Ensure achievement of agreed Customer(s) targets/Key Performance Indicators (Category growth, Sales, RIG, Customer service and in-stock levels, etc.)
- Monitor, review, and drive execution of customer category plan
- Drive category growth and exceed high performance targets
- Work closely with CAA (where applicable) to develop category account management skills
- Drive excellence in execution through continual interaction with Nestle Retail Sales team to include work-withs.
- Present Customer Category Plan and supporting Implementation Calendar to customer via joint business planning (JBP)
- Achieve annual sales and trade targets through effective selling and negotiation
- Frequent customer interaction to implement the annual plan, drive execution of the plan, gain distribution on new and d-build items, activate the customer category strategies, shopper marketing, and any urgent communications such as service level issues or product quality issues
- Forecast accuracy, sales performance targets, meeting sales goals, segmentation / resource allocation, improving customer service
- Continuous improvement on forecast accuracy
- Perform bottom-up build of Integrated Customer and Category Plan using appropriate NSD Planning System to create Customer Plans
- Good knowledge of interrelationship of key functions and their key initiatives (Marketing, Sales Finance, HR, Supply Chain, Technical and Globe & IS/IT)
- Knowledge of Sales Fundamentals of Pricing, Promotion, Assortment, and Merchandising.
- Must understand the category, key competitors, and be willing to develop category knowledge.
- Must understand how to develop customer specific category growth strategies
- Demonstrates the ability to influence people and create compelling, fact-based sales stories.
- 3+ years working with customers, CD, or Broker team and over this period successfully delivered on critical metrics.
- Knowledge of Integrated Commercial Planning process, CAP documents, and the Monthly Business Planning Process
- The ability to create a customer plan that’s within CAP Guidelines and assigned Trade Rates
- Understand the interaction between sales functions, CCDS, Nestle Retail sales, Enable Hub, Customer Service, and Customer Facing Supply Chain
- Knowledge of customer, the marketplace, and relevant channel and shopper trends to generate actionable ideas
- Understands all sales functions, CCDS, Customer, and Nestle Retail sales.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Chicago, IL, US
Application Deadline: N/A