Our Patient Care Technicians (PCTs) play a vital role for our patients and their families. As part of our professional team of clinicians, you will be responsible for ensuring the comfort and safety of the patients in the dialysis center.If you haven’t considered Healthcare before, read on as we think that you should. Healthcare Experience is NOT required.
- 1:1 Patient Care. Spending the majority of your day in direct one-on-one patient care to provide safe, comfortable and hygienic dialysis treatment. Our PCTs care for up to 4 patients at a time.
- Technician Duties. To monitor patients before, during and after dialysis treatment including measuring and recording stats, patient observations, and hemodialysis machine setup. Please note you will have exposure to blood and needles.
- Schedule. Shifts begin at 4:45 am. Typically working 12 hour shifts, 3-4 days/week. Clinics are closed on Sundays, and may be open on some holidays.
- Building long-term relationships with your patients who are suffering from end stage renal disease and are receiving treatment on average 3 times/week.
- Team. Cross functional team of clinicians including technicians, nurses, dietitians, social workers and leadership. PCTs work under the supervision of a RN.
- Passion for delivering excellent patient care and building long term relationships to improve your patients’ quality of life
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Must be comfortable working around blood and needles
- Stable job history that demonstrates ability to commit to a company and a role
- Training and Certification as a Certified Nursing Assistant (CAN), Certified Medical Assistant (CMA), or Phlebotomy certification preferred
Qualification & Experience:
- Flexibility and availability to work mornings, evenings, weekends and holidays as needed.
- Willingness to work long hours (most shifts are 12+ hours) on your feet.
- Willingness to train and work across multiple clinics within the territory as needed
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Smyrna, TN, US
Application Deadline: N/A