Our PCTs also find DaVita professionally fulfilling. To help advance your career, we offer clear paths to higher levels of responsibility and compensation by becoming a PCT II or PCT III. Through DaVita’s Bridge to your Dreams program, teammates who have been in their role for six consecutive months and in good standing, are eligible to receive tuition assistance up front to pursue their dream of becoming a DaVita RN and getting their Associates Degree in Nursing. We also have dedicated training to become a Facility Administer, and training to become a Regional Operations Director. Your success is driven by your performance and desire.
- Direct Patient Care. Spend the majority of your day in direct one-on-one patient care to provide safe, comfortable and hygienic dialysis treatment. Our PCTs care for up to 4 patients at a time.
- Building long-term relationships with your patients who are suffering from end stage renal disease and are receiving treatment on average 3 times/week. You will also be responsible for educating patients on Kidney Dialysis related topics.
- Team. Cross functional team of clinicians including technicians, nurses, dietitians, social workers and leadership. PCTs work under the supervision of a RN.
- Technician Duties. To monitor patients before, during and after dialysis treatment including measuring and recording stats, patient observations, and hemodialysis machine setup.
- Continuous Improvement: We are consistently looking for ways to improve processes for our patients and teammates as we aim to build the greatest health care community the world has ever seen.
- Schedule. Shifts can begin as early as 4:30 am and can vary based on patient needs. Your expected shift will be shared during the interview process
- Training may take place in a facility or a training clinic with a class of new teammates other than your assigned home clinic
- Hours of work may vary during the training period; however, you will typically be working between 32-40 hours per week during training
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Must be comfortable working around blood and needles
- Flexibility and availability to work mornings, evenings, weekends and holidays as needed
- Physical and mental ability to work long hours (some shifts are 12+ hours) on your feet so wear comfortable shoes! Our work ends when it’s safe for our patients.
- You must be flexible on the final home clinic placement as it may be in a different location; there is also the potential to float to various clinics during and after your training
- You must have a flexible schedule and be able to work mornings, evenings, weekends, and holiday
Qualification & Experience:
- Desire to enter the health care field to care for other people in need
- Willingness to train and work across multiple clinics within the territory as needed.
- Health care experience a plus including: BONENT Certified, Certified Hemodialysis Technician (CHT), Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA), Certified Medical Assistant (CMA), or Phlebotomy certification.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Plainfield, NJ
Application Deadline: N/A